Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When will the application for Post UTME be out?
A: The dates will be announced on the University website. Please do not patronize touts.

Q: What is the minimum age UNILAG admits?
A: The minimum age is sixteen (16) years by 31st October of the admission year.

Q: How do I change my institution/course?
A: JAMB handles this. Please visit the website of JAMB for further details.

Q: What are the admission requirements for Economics in UNILAG?

Q: I was admitted but I cannot see my admission letter online. What do I do?
A: See the Desk Officer in charge of your Faculty in Admissions Office for details.

Q: I chose University of Lagos as my first choice and scored 200 yet, I have not been able to successfully apply for Post-UTME?
A: Proceed to Admissions Office to lodge the complaint.

Q: Can someone with OND/HND come in for Direct Entry programme?
A: Check the specific ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for the course you are interested in. Some programmes accept OND/HND while some do not.

Q: I graduated with Second Class Lower and I want to pick-up Direct Entry form to study Law?
A: Faculty of Law accepts Second Class Upper and First Class only.

Q: Can I apply for Direct Entry admission while awaiting NCE result?
A: Yes, but you cannot submit your application form to Admissions Office until you have your results.

Q: Please where can I get Direct Entry form?
A: You will apply online at JAMB designated business centres. Check JAMB website to see the nearest business centre to you.

Q: I have a Masters degree but my O’level result is in two sittings. Can I pick-up Direct Entry form to study in UNILAG?
A: Direct Entry candidates must fulfil all O’level requirements

Q: I scored less than 200 in JAMB; can I apply since cut-off is 120?
A: The Institutional cut-off mark of the University of Lagos remains 200

Q: When would Admission list be out?
A: The Admission list would be published on the University website when it is ready.

Q: I applied for Physics but did not meet the cut-off, can I change to Botany?
A: You can change if only Botany is among the courses advertised by the University for Change of course, provided you meet the requirements.

Q: My name was wrongly spelt on my letter of Admission, how can I make corrections?
A: Apply for correction on JAMB website.

Q: My daughter scored 300 and participated in the Post-UTME but was not admitted?
A: Many factors could be responsible for this. For further enquiry on this, send e-mail to

Q: I don’t have a credit pass in Mathematics in O’level but I did GCE, can I apply while I await my result?
A: GCE result in the year of admission is not acceptable.

Scroll to top